All of the projects that we manage utilize a project-scheduling tool, e.g. Microsoft Project, to track the project schedule, identify task relationships and dependencies, major checkpoints, critical paths, and to help manage resource utilization. We manage project costs using spreadsheets, which include budgeted and actual costs.
As part of project initiation, a risk management plan is developed. The risk management plan identifies critical and higher risks associated with project. Risk mitigation strategies are also developed and put in place where it is determined to be necessary. The risk management plan is updated for each major phase of the project.
Project review occurs at each major decision point with project team and upper management participation.
Another critical tool for project management includes the use of a problem log including information on the problem, assignment, date to be completed, date completed, and other information. Array developed an on-line tool called e-Projects to maintain the problem log and provide Clients with on-line, real-time status on specific problems and issues.
Array’s Standard Project Management Tasks
- Supervise technical staff
- Define team roles and responsibilities establish methodologies
- Communicate with and facilitate decision making among stakeholders
- Define work breakdown structures
- Assign and monitor the completion of project tasks
- Manage project budgets and schedules
- Identify appropriate technologies
- Identify project risks and ways to mitigate the risks
- Perform Quality Assurance
- Develop plans for analysis, design, construction, testing, implementation, quality assurance, and systems acceptance
Team with Array Systems and let us manage your critical projects. For more information please, Contact Us or give us a call toll free: (877) 412-7729.