Network and Computer Systems Maintenance
Array Systems provides preventative maintenance services to address the needs of businesses that do not have qualified computer technicians on staff. Basic equipment maintenance such as data backup, software updates, and internal and external component cleaning updates is administered on a scheduled basis. By following a few basic procedures, clients can greatly reduce the risk of data loss or hardware failure. The following is a typical preventative maintenance program.
Data Backup Services
- There are 2 main reasons for critical data loss: either there was no backup or the media that was used failed to successfully capture the data
- To prevent this catastrophe from occurring we require clients to maintain backups on the cloud, external hard drives, DVD-RW, etc.
- Upon each visit, we verify that all of your critical information is being safely captured
Anti-Virus Protection and Spam Removers
- We require our clients to maintain a current version of anti-virus software and spam remover software
- Systems will be automatically scheduled to receive updates and will be scanned weekly for threats
- The antivirus software will be incorporated into our clients email systems because the most common method of virus transfer is from incoming and outgoing emails
- We also require that our clients have adequate firewall protection that keeps personal data in and hackers out
- It makes your PC invisible on the Internet so that hackers can’t find it
- Firewall programs also contain intelligent intrusion prevention technology that blocks suspicious Internet traffic
Internal/External Component Cleaning
- Dust is one of the leading causes of hardware failure
- All moving components are thoroughly cleaned and lubricated during service visits
- All data cables are checked to be sure they are securely seated on system boards
- CD and floppy drives are opened, cleaned and tested for data transfer
- External components such as keyboard, mouse, monitor and printers are cleaned of dust and debris and all cable connections are checked
- Connections to surge protectors or UPS are checked
Software Updates/System Optimization
- Operating system updates and patches are downloaded and installed to ensure that your system has the most current version of the OS software
- Internet browser software updates or upgrades are preformed as software changes become available
- Updated component drivers are installed as they become available or are required by system changes
- Hardware configurations are checked to be sure that they are operating efficiently and without conflict with other components
- Defrag and scan disk maintenance programs are run to detect any problems that your hard drive may have
- Specialty error diagnostic software is run on other system components to verify that they are in good working order
- Hard drive file organization is checked and any misplaced files are moved to their correct data folders
- Any temporary or unneeded files are located and removed
Your computers and networks need regular care to perform at their optimal level. Array monitors networks on a daily basis. Having this information allows us to proactively maintain your systems before trouble starts.
We will make sure that your server is running optimally.
A VPN creates a secure “tunnel” by which you can access your network remotely. Array can establish, manage, and support your firewall services for you.
Array will ensure your router is configured properly to optimize network performance and ensure critical business systems run.
Array will work with you to review your corporate assets and develop a lifecycle plan for both software and hardware. This process will ensure that each member of your team is working with the right technology that will increase workforce productivity.